Category Archives: Science
Dimensions. I´m fascinated by them! So here I leave you with a short presentation on the theories of multiple dimensions presented by Brian Green, explaining how extra dimensions may solve several problems in physics, and gives his stance on the possibility of a “multi-verse”, or multiple Universes. All of this is brought to you by the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science:
What do you think? 🙂
The following questions are from Creation Ministries International. This was posted a few months ago so many of you may know about it. I decided to post it on The Cosmic Teapot for anyone who has not had fun with this yet and is up to the challenge! (You’ll also have fun if you click on their link and see what they define as atheism).
You can read the full PDF with all the original questions and how they come to conclude them here, but to sum it up:
1. How did life originate?
… how did life with hundreds of proteins originate just by chemistry without intelligent design?
2. How did the DNA code originate?
What other coding system has existed without intelligent design?
How did the DNA coding system arise without it being created?
3. How could mutations—accidental copying mistakes (DNA ‘letters’ exchanged, deleted or added, genes duplicated, chromosome inversions, etc.)—create the huge volumes of information in the DNA of living things? How could such errorscreate 3 billion letters of DNA information to change a microbe into a microbiologist?
4. Why is natural selection, a principle recognized by creationists, taught as ‘evolution’, as if it explains the origin of the diversity of life?
how do minor back-and-forth variations in finch beaks explain the origin of beaks or finches? How does natural selection explain goo-to-you evolution?
5. How did new biochemical pathways, which involve multiple enzymes working together in sequence, originate?
Evolutionary biochemist Franklin Harold wrote, “we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical or cellular system, only a variety of wishful speculations.
6. Living things look like they were designed, so how do evolutionists know that they were not designed?
Why should science be restricted to naturalistic causes rather than logical causes?
7. How did multi-cellular life originate?
How did cells adapted to individual survival ‘learn’ to cooperate and specialize (including undergoing programmed cell death) to create complex plants and animals?
8. How did sex originate?
…how could mere physics and chemistry invent the complementary apparatuses needed at the same time (non-intelligent processes cannot plan for future coordination of male and female organs).
9. Why are the (expected) countless millions of transitional fossils missing?
10. How do ‘living fossils’ remain unchanged over supposed hundreds of millions of years, if evolution has changed worms into humans in the same time frame?
11. How did blind chemistry create mind/ intelligence, meaning, altruism and morality?
12. Why is evolutionary ‘just-so’ story-telling tolerated?
Evolutionists often use flexible storytelling to ‘explain’ observations contrary to evolutionary theory. NAS(USA) member Dr Philip Skell wrote, “Darwinian explanations for such things are often too supple: Natural selection makes humans self-centered and aggressive— except when it makes them altruistic and peaceable. Or natural selection produces virile men who eagerly spread their seed—except when it prefers men who are faithful protectors and providers. When an explanation is so supple that it can explain any behavior, it is difficult to test it experimentally, much less use it as a catalyst for scientific discover
13. Where are the scientific breakthroughs due to evolution?
…why do schools and universities teach evolution so dogmatically, stealing time from experimental biology that so benefits humankind?
14. Science involves experimenting to figure out how things work; how they operate. Why is evolution, a theory about history, taught as if it is the same as this operational science?
Richard Dawkins said, “Evolution has been observed. It’s just that it hasn’t been observed while it’s happening
15. Why is a fundamentally religious idea, a dogmatic belief system that fails to explain the evidence, taught in science classes?
Evolution is a religion. This was true of evolution in the beginning, and it is true of evolution still today. If “you can’t teach religion in science classes”, why is evolution taught?
Fun, right? Some of these questions seem quite simple to answer, other questions are plain ignorant and others are laughable. See if you can answer any of these in the comments section 🙂
I have a question for creationists: Why do you assume that because we can’t answer a question then that makes you’re version of a god automatically true?