Category Archives: Scientology
Key points taken from these undercover videos:
- They make you do a personality test to find your weakest point. Once they find it, they are very insistent on trying to have you take a course to get better. They have very aggressive selling techniques and part of the ways of convincing you to take this course is by saying that the money is in reality a donation to the church and that they are a non-profit organization.
- They can compile any personal information they want from you and use it to blackmail you if you ever try to leave the church.
- They use child labor: Children participate in course presentations, course graduations and maintenance tasks.
- Victims of scientology are offered very low paying jobs with the temptation of free courses. The “job” is for 2.5 years or 5 years. If you decide to leave before this then you have to wait for them to find you a replacement. If they cannot find you a replacement and you leave, you get harassed and blackmailed. There is no job contract and there is no medical care. In other words, it’s illegal.
- They have to pass “tests”: Tests include sitting in a chair for hours with your eyes closed, staring into another persons eye’s for hours (in this case the other person is a child), they have to count windows, chairs and touch books “to be more in contact with the course”.
- Psychology is an enemy of scientology.
- They use an e-meter on the victims, which is a sort of lie detector, and ask the victim questions such as if she is or was a communist, a spy, a pervert or if she would try to harm the organization among many other questions.
[The court record is] replete with evidence [that Scientology] is nothing in reality but a vast enterprise to extract the maximum amount of money from its adepts by pseudo scientific theories… and to exercise a kind of blackmail against persons who do not wish to continue with their sect…. The organization clearly is schizophrenic and paranoid, and this bizarre combination seems to be a reflection of its founder, L.Ron Hubbard
-Judge Breckenridge, Los Angeles Superior Court
That nails it.